Friday, July 22, 2011

Inauguration- 35 th Diploma in Yogic Education.

Venue Yoga Bhavan Vashi 6 PM. 22nd July 2011.

Years after learning yoga in Anushakti Nagar, and completing the preliminary summer course, today was my first evening at the inauguration of the 35th Diploma in Yogic Education. After more than a decade in the field of IT, I had never given any thought of making health and fitness a full fledged career! The idea is still as crazy to me as to any future reader! Telling anyone that one works for TCS 'India's largest software company' and then to start saying that you are learning to be a Yoga instructor still brings a very separate chain of thought in people's mind. What shall I say of others when I myself have had a certain preconceived notion about who an IT guy from infy or TCS is and what the credentials of a "yoga instructor" are! Starting this Yoga course is a huge leap of faith and I don't mind falling on my face. I feel I am far more lucky than my parents generation who would have never dared such extravagance!

Just yesterday I had made an entry in Wikipedia about rakesh jhunjhunwala. He is a self made billionaire but I was shocked to know that he is just over 50. There are two kinds of people in this world- one who would read "I was shocked to know that he is just over 50" and presume that I am talking about how successful he is in amassing such a wealth in such an young age! And then there are others who have seen this man on TV and wondered how could a man become so unhealthy in just 50 years! I wonder how much his billion dollar will help him in dealing with his body every moment of his life. I can understand that we live in a time when many would say "I don't mind being unhealthy just give me that billion dollars"! There is nothing wrong in either chain of thoughts, its a matter of preference. I prefer a slow paced, easy going relaxed life and he loves his action packed, highly stressful but enjoyable, high risk day in the stock market. This blog is for people who wouldn't mind cutting down on their life style to live a more healthy, relaxed, and peaceful life. Others can click here.

1 comment: